Administrator DHA Brig Aamer Raza Qureshi briefed the Executive Board on DHA’s mega projects and other administrative cum functional matters of the Authority. The Executive Board gave approval for establishment of DHA Suffa University. DHA constituent colleges with upgraded academic resources/ facilities will form the University campuses. The University is scheduled to be launched in Sept’ 2011 and the academic session would start from Jan’ 2012.
PEB directed DHA to ensure that University maintains highest educational standards in all its undertakings with strong focus on research activities to make the venture academically and economically viable.
The University will initially offer undergraduate/post graduate courses in the disciplines of english, economic, business administration, mass communication and fine arts. However contemporary science and technology disciplines would soon be added which will be the forte of the new University.
Executive Board was informed that a significant headway has been made towards making the Cogen Plant operational which was lying closed since May 2010. The banks have shown their willingness to support DHA in rehabilitation operation of Cogen Plant. The banks would soon release requisite funds for undertaking the Third Party Evaluation, the Root Cause Analysis and requisite repairs of non-operational plant to make it functional at the earliest. PEB directed DHA to explore ways for providing a direct link/access from DHA City Karachi (DCK) to the business centre of the metropolis. CDGK is planning the project under a public private partnership regime. The projects’ ground breaking and formal announcement is expected in July’ 2011 as per the directive of the Chief Minister.
Corps Commander asked DHA to revive the dormant water front projects and to give them a new lease through proactive measures. The Executive Board was informed that DHA was reviving a number of waterfront projects including establishment of Creek City Medical Complex by actively engaging with the investors and moving ahead with a pragmatic and forward looking approach.
The Executive Board also approved a number of amendments in administrative, functional and building control rules/regulations including some amendments in DHA Construction Byelaws to make them more logical, pragmatic and practical for the benefit of residents.
- HOMES PAKISTAN :: 2000 Sq Yard 7 Bedroom Owner Built Brand New Double Storey Bungalow For Sale, DHA Phase 6, Karachi (propertiesinpakistan.pk)
- Relief centres for Fata IDPs set up at DHA (nation.com.pk)
- Only Sindh govt can call Army in Karachi: Gilani (nation.com.pk)
- Mr Askari Taqvi, Minister of Environment Sindh & Capt Akhlaq Hussain Abidi, former MNA visited DHA’s Main Office (propertypk.wordpress.com)
- Poor dying in Karachi violence (nation.com.pk)
- Cleanup looms over Karachi (nation.com.pk)
- LG system restored in Karachi, Hyderabad (nation.com.pk)
- Karachi, Hyderabad get 2001 LG system (nation.com.pk)
- ASF Public Schools Karachi Jobs (papersblog.com)